established in 1889
Following the completion of the original Club House in 1890, the founding members of Elka Park began to construct their own cottages. A total of 21 homes were built between 1890 and 1896. Today, 17 original cottages remain while two others were rebuilt in 1997. A carriage house originally constructed in the 1910s was converted into a 20th cottage. The original Club House was destroyed in a fire in the 1950’s and was rebuilt with a more modest mid-century design with eight accompanying lodge rooms for guests.